Last Updated June 17, 2019
Statement of Coverage
Information Collection & Use
Triton Finance Group may collect and store information about you when you register with Triton Finance Group, when you use Triton Finance Group’s Services, when you visit Triton Finance Group pages or the pages of Triton Finance Group properties (e.g. Trifigo.com) or the pages of certain Triton Finance Group partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes conducted, endorsed, or advertised by Triton Finance Group. Triton Finance may combine the information we have about you with information obtained from business partners, other companies, and other users.
Triton Finance Group uses information for the following general purposes: providing, maintaining, optimizing, and improving our services, developing new services, enhancing the user experience, customizing the advertising, offers and content you see, fulfilling your product and service requests, conducting research, managing your customer relationship with us, providing you customer support, contacting you, and providing reports for our internal and external clients and partners. We do not store your Personal Information in cookies or log files on your device, but identifiers in such cookies or log files may be tied to your Personal Information in our systems.
Upon registering with Triton Finance Group, information such as your full name, email address, birth date, gender, or ZIP code may be requested. Certain products and services may ask you for additional information, such as your address, phone number, income, Social Security number, details about the financial products you use, driver’s license number or information about your assets. Some of the Personal Information we collect when you register, like your Social Security number, is required by the credit bureau to verify your identity so we can fulfill your request for a credit score and credit report. When requesting your credit report and score on your behalf, we do not do a hard inquiry; rather, we do a soft inquiry of your credit report. We may also collect Personal Information or other information directly from you through various other forms and places throughout the Services, including “Contact Us” forms, or when you otherwise interact with us to provide or enhance our Services. You are not anonymous to us when you register with TRITON FINANCE GROUP and sign in to our Services.
Updating Your Personal Information & Communication Preferences:
You can at any time correct or update the personal information that you provided and that we maintain on you by logging into TRIFIGO.COM and going to the “Settings” page. You can also change your communication preferences on this page. TRITON FINANCE GROUP is not responsible for and cannot amend the information in your credit report, which is produced by one or more credit reporting agencies. If you believe that some of the information in your credit report is inaccurate, you must contact the applicable credit reporting agency directly. Information on how to contact the credit reporting agency is contained on in the settings section.
TRITON FINANCE GROUP collects information about your transactions with our company and some of our partners. This includes billing and payment information and information about your use of our products and service offerings. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete purchase transactions (such as fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
Site Access & Activity:
TRITON FINANCE GROUP automatically collects and records certain information from the computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Site, including your TRITON FINANCE GROUP cookie information, device type, IP address, browser type, browser language, the Web pages you request, location information, and the date and time of your request. Our third-party service providers may also collect such information. We receive data about you whenever you interact with the Site, such as when you look at search for a topic, product, or other information contained on the site. When you post things like photos or videos on the Site, we may also receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
Your reviews, comments, questions and answers, posts, followers, groups, businesses and professionals that you have done business with, topics and users you follow, profile information (including your name), and any other information that you post to the Site are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, collect and store it, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Please also keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make other personal information (e.g. your home address) available online for viewing by third parties by posting it on the Site, that information is public and can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information.
We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. TRITON FINANCE GROUP will not collect your specific location information without your consent. However, we may ask your consent to using location-enabled services on your Device so that we can collect, share and process information about your specific location to enhance our Services and provide better offers to you, using things like GPS or Wi-Fi access point information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information. We may also use information like your IP address or other Device Identifiers for approximate location information, like your city or state. Contacts: When you invite your friends to join the Site by providing their contact information or allowing us to use your address book from your computer, mobile device, or other sites, we may use and store your friends contact information long enough to process your requests.
When you send email or other communications to TRITON FINANCE GROUP, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. As part of our credit educational or other services, you may also receive SMS text messages, push alerts on your phone, and emails when there is a new action or related item from our platform alert. These alert messages will also be logged.
Some of our Services may be provided through an application on your mobile, tablet computer, or similar device (Mobile Application). Our Mobile Application may collect the same types of information described above, including Personal Information or other information that you provide (e.g. name, age, gender, address), or Usage Information that is automatically collected and stored. We may also collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, preferred language, phone number or other unique Device Identifiers assigned to your mobile device, technical information about your mobile device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such Mobile Applications. We may associate your unique Device Identifier or Mobile Application Usage Information with any Personal Information you provide.
Information Provided by Third Parties about You:
Information Provided to Third Parties about You:
TRITON FINANCE GROUP may provide our partners with your credit data and other relevant information provided by you while using the Services as a way to match you with offers for products and services from those partners. Generally, we will display these offers when you access our web or mobile Services, but we or our partners will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, or promotions, by email or other electronic messaging. It is always your choice whether or not to apply for an offered product or service and we will never submit an application for a financial product or service on your behalf without your express consent.
Information You Provide about a Third Party:
If you choose to use our referral program to tell a friend about our Services, we will ask you for your friends name and email address. We will send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. TRITON FINANCE GROUP stores the information you provide for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of our referral program. The information you provide will not be used for any other marketing purpose unless your friend signs up for an account or we otherwise obtain consent from that person. Please be aware that when you use any referral functionality through our Services, your name and email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Service-Related Announcements: We may send you service-related announcements. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these non-promotional communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to terminate your account.
Push Notifications: If you use our Mobile Applications, we may send you push notifications from time-to-time via our Mobile Application in order to provide or alert you to service-related announcements or information on products, services, special deals, or promotions. If you do not wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off in your mobile Device settings.
When you first register for the Services, we may send you an introductory email welcoming you to TRIFIGO. We may also communicate with you via email or other means in response to your inquiries and to manage your account. As described above in “Information You Provide about a Third Party,” we may also use information you provide about others to send invitation emails as part of our referral program.
At TRITON FINANCE GROUP we are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect any Personal Information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please let us know by filling out our contact form. Once received, we will remove that information from our site. Security of Your Personal Information.
Data Protection and Security:
TRITON FINANCE GROUP takes precautions to secure your personal information. If and when we ask you to provide your personal information, we do so through a connection that uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This protocol provides security for your information by encrypting it as it travels from your computer to our computer. For security purposes, we then move all of the personal information that we collect or obtain about you to a secure environment on our proprietary network that has controls in place to limit access to and secure the data maintained within it.
Disclosure & Sharing of Information
TRITON FINANCE GROUP does not rent or sell your personal information to other people or non-affiliated companies. We may share information you have provided during use of our Services to match you with products or services from our partners, or under the following circumstances:
• When TRITON FINANCE GROUP shares information about you with third-party partners, some of those third parties may also perform a soft inquiry or promotional inquiry on your credit file based on the information TRITON FINANCE GROUP shares with them. These inquiries will not affect your credit. However, if you apply for a line of credit or a loan directly with one or more of our third-party lender partners, those lenders may make a hard credit inquiry of your credit file before approving your application.
• Under confidentiality agreements, we provide information to trusted partners working with or on behalf of TRITON FINANCE GROUP. These companies may use your information to help us communicate offers from our company and our partner companies to you. These companies, however, have no independent right to share this information.
• We may use third party service providers or vendors to support or perform certain aspects of the Services on our or your behalf, such as hosting the Services, designing or operating the Services’ features, tracking the Services’ analytics, providing data used, directly or indirectly, in connection with the Services, marketing the Services, enabling TRITON FINANCE GROUP to contact you with offers or performing other administrative services. We may provide these third party service providers or vendors with access to user information, including Personal Information, in connection with the services they are performing for you or for us. In connection with our Services, these third party service providers or vendors may also set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you.
• When we may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each a Promotion) through the Services or through social media or other channels. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
• While responding to subpoenas, court orders, legal processes, establishing or exercising our legal rights, or defending against legal claims if in our good faith opinion such action is required or permitted by law.
• When we believe it is necessary to share information to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, potential threats to any persons physical safety, violations of our Terms of Service, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law.
• To protect the safety, integrity, rights, property or security of our Services or equipment or those of any third party or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Further, we may use IP addresses or other Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all at our discretion. Any such access, use, preservation, transfer or disclosure may be carried out without notice to you.
• After we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other peoples data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
TRITON FINANCE GROUP may through its Services send you email, text messages or mobile device push notifications from time to time. These communications may contain sensitive credit information, such as your credit score, creditor names, personalized savings offers, or other information about your credit. Safeguarding the information contained in any communications sent to you by TRITON FINANCE GROUP is solely your responsibility. TRITON FINANCE GROUP is not responsible for safeguarding the communications once sent to you. You may change your notification preferences on the settings page at any time.
Editing Your Information
At any time, you can edit your TRITON FINANCE GROUP Account Information. This includes your marketing preferences.
New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories, or they can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the messages they receive. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services of TRITON FINANCE GROUP that are considered part of your TRITON FINANCE GROUP account without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, including such items as service announcements, administrative messages, credit monitoring and savings alerts, and newsletters. Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in content that you post on the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. You can access and make changes to some of the Personal Information you submit at any time by logging in with your registered email address and password and making the change on the site. When you use TRITON FINANCE GROUP services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Confidentiality & Security
TRITON FINANCE GROUP takes your privacy and security very seriously, and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data, both during transmission and once we receive it. In particular, we:
• We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors, and agents who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• We limit access to Social Security numbers to help protect against their loss or misuse and do not disclose Social Security numbers to third parties except where such disclosure is required or permitted by law.
• We regularly back up the information we collect online to protect against loss.
• We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. Some of the safeguards that we use include: SSL encryption, firewalls and password protections.
However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile device or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you believe your TRITON FINANCE GROUP account has been compromised, please report the incident using our support form. If you have been contacted by someone about your TRITON FINANCE GROUP account asking for a password, birth date or other personal information, please do NOT respond and forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, state or local law enforcement agencies directly.
Questions & Suggestions
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have agreed to disclose our information practices. If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form. You may also contact us by sending postal mail to:
TRITON FINANCE GROUP Inc.
14681 Midway Road, Suite 200
Addison, TX 75001